- The angle of the foil mast to the bottom of the board was worked out
- Wave selection was initially a wave that broke and then swelled out into deep water.
- This was extended to include waves previously unmakeable
- It was noted that an extra 5 degrees could be added to the angle that the board could move across the wave
- How to bail out before the wave closes out was refined
- Lots of practice getting the board into and out of the water (floating with foil up)
- While most waves were ridden in the kneeling position some attempts to stand up gave a good idea of how much freedom (too much) was available in three dimensions (pitch, roll & yaw)
- My initial idea that sailboarding foil was the best way to introduce to foiling was corrected. The best way is kneeling up SUPing.
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
A week moving around Surf City and Mornington
A number of things were observed, or finalised, during a week of surfing Victoria's surf spots: